Monday, August 29, 2011

Men's Fraternity - What's Up With That?


Ever wonder what the guys are learning at Men's Fraternity? I have been the beneficiary of their time together and didn't really know it until recently.

For the past several months my husband Jim has been different, nothing I could really pinpoint, just different. For instance he keeps telling the boys to help me, and to make sure not to give me a hard time. He has been extra helpful around dinner time (and I always feel guilty LOL). He is even laughing more at me and with me more than usual (it's a good thing).

Well, we had 24 hours to spend together this weekend (without kids) and he actually shared a little. Apparently in Men's Fraternity they dig into things like what the work load was like after 5pm for each spouse (it's all starting to make sense). They also discuss how important it is to set/talk about realistic expectations in a marriage. For instance talking through these things maybe even before you get married (duhhhh). Then my sweet hubby informed me that this is what we struggled with after the kids came and it was a common thing for couples to run into. I was so relieved because I've always thought it was all my fault (I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan syndrome). He assured me that it was no one's fault, just something we had to work through with a little divine intervention.

There was more, but the point is that good things are happening in Men's Fraternity. Guys of all ages, both married and single are learning great, Godly ways to lead their families (both now and in the future) and love their wives, and understand what God is looking for in His creation.

So, encourage your man to go, even if you are not married yet. In fact, especially if you are not married just yet. You'll be glad you did!

Starting September 14 and 16,
Fridays at 6am or Wednesdays at 9pm in the Oak Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...